Platelet Function in Clinical Research
Several assays can be used to measure platelet function, with platelet aggregation the gold standard. Java Clinical Research’s scientific team can customise and troubleshoot to find the assay conditions most appropriate for particular agents. This includes:
- Choice of assay (light transmission aggregation, flow cytometry, etc.)
- Choice of platelet stimulus (e.g. ADP, TRAP, Collagen etc, or in some cases multiple agonists).
- Concentrations of drug and other test conditions.
- Drug interaction studies, for e.g. effects of new antiplatelet treatments when used with current drugs, or effects of co-activation with relevant agents.
- Comparison studies, to show competitive advantages vs other drugs
To learn more about platelet function assays view a training video for platelet aggregation studies, download the principles behind platelet aggregation (pdf), or contact us directly if you have an immediate enquiry.